Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wow

I wrote a few lines a while ago (below) and then I blinked.
I am a few weeks past half-time now and can't believe all the 'life' I have experienced just since then. Take a step back in time to 2008, before the holidays:

{ My job is officially one-fourth of the way to completion. The hectic get everything up and running craziness is over. Now there are twenty weeks of maintainance and routine. Then the spin-down. Shifting into "cruise mode" makes me nervous. }

I never published this. It was too much journal and not enough point. Sure, I realize I am the only reader of this so far but it isn't a journal. Metacognition has a point. I am possesed of enough ego to want to share my pointed observations.

With anyone.

And me.

I guess I'm in "cruise mode" now and it seems fine. Job-wise, not home-wise.
At home things went "red-alert" and "shields up" if the analogy holds.

So, that's the point of this. Analogies can be used to think about thinking.

No comments: