Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What Was I Thinking? "Loop"

there you are in your best jeans.
The ones you did not fit in this time last year.
The ones you bought on faith. Faith I didn't know you had.
Or at least I thought you were completely faithless. Just because of the truth you told me about losing faith - then the truth you didn't trust me with.
Truth I was out looking for when I saw your car.
Not parked at Wal-Mart. Not getting cleaning supplies - because that's what you said - have to clean the house since no one else does. Cleaned it so much you used up the cleansers.
But when I came home I did notice the dust and looking for the duster I
found bottles and bottles of cleansers which made me wonder what all was missing since there sure as Hell was a lot here.
So much I was having trouble finding the damned duster.
So much that it was going to be tough putting anything new away.
And you didn't answer your phone.
So I just left to save you from your folly
but you weren't at Wal-Mart.
You were close and that guy quickly walked away and
you came toward me bravely waving. You're not in your sweats,
there. You are in your best jeans.
The ones you did not fit in this time last year.

No comments: